Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I can't pinpoint the moment

Today was going well. Work was good. I was selling a lot of coffee - at one point, someone walked away with four bags of coffee, all of which I helped them pick out. I felt good.

And then when I got home I got pulled over.

I was keeping up with traffic, and just happened to be the last one in the line of cars. Sure, I was speeding a little, but what are the odds?

I know I can't contest the citation at all because there were no extenuating circumstances - I was not in a rush, there was no emergency, I was just out.

Now, I believe in karma. The ebb and flow of life. You do something bad, something bad happens to you. If you're a rotten person, then something rotten happens to you.

I can't exactly figure out the karma here.

I was running it over in my head: what did I do to deserve this? Who did I ignore or treat like a jerk?

What luck? Of all the shit I've seen people pull in traffic - on 270 especially - and the whole time my outlook is to mind my own shit. Sure, it sucks when someone cuts me off, but I don't get really angry because I didn't get in an accident. As long as no one gets hit, I really don't care a whole lot.

I'm not one of those SUV driving, speed freaks that rides peoples' asses when they're only going 72 in the fast lane. Neither am I one of those people who go 64 in the fast lane because I'm on my cell phone and I'm not really paying attention.

I'm not even mean to people at work. I tip well and I'm nice to waiters at restaurants. I thank people for helping me find something at a store, even when they don't have what I'm looking for. What, exactly, branded me today for a speeding ticket?

Ah well. Fuckin' cops.

Not a whole lot I can do about it but pay up and move on.





Fuckin' cops.

No comments: