Saturday, July 22, 2006

No longer financially insufficient

As it happens, I finally got a job, after about a month of not being able to.

Where is it? It's at this place. It's called Whole Foods Market, and it's a large grocery store that focuses on organic foods. It also has small restaurants inside, which has to do with what I'll be doing. I'll be in the prepared foods area, starting out in the pizza place. I'll be standing by an oven baking fancy pants pizzas. I'll be moving around to different areas, as well, so there's a good chance I may learn how to make sushi - which would be neat. And it's $9 an hour, and I get to wear one of those chef coats.

I found out that I had gotten the job on an outing to this place on North High Street right across from the OSU campus. I was trading many things I didn't want anymore, and with $57 of trade credit, I got the following CDs:

Imperial Teen - Seasick
Spoon - Girls Can Tell
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Broom*
Final Fantasy - He Poos Clouds*
Say Hi To Your Mom - Impeccable Blahs*
Karate - Unsolved
Q And Not U - No Kill No Beep Beep
Palace - Arise Therefore

*The purchase of these albums was influenced by this fellow beard enthusiast.

Anyways, I was walking to my car, which was illegally parked in a commuter lot on the OSU campus, when I got the call that I had been hired. To celebrate, I ate hot dogs for dinner and drank this , which I had purchased immediately following my interview at Whole Foods, as a reward for a particularly good interview.

Furthermore, any days I bum around and do nothing are no longer days during which I consider myself a useless piece of junk for doing nothing, but rather I just refer to them as my days off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know you were stressed about that.

Have you looked into substitute teaching? My aunt, who's been a teacher in the Dublin school district for years, says that's a good way to get an edge on the competition, and you can easily make $90 a day.