Friday, September 22, 2006

What a night/Good news

I am sitting here now, after coming home from a very long, insanely stressful night at work, drinking a very large glass of wine.

Work was awful tonight. I feel like I was brutally raped repeatedly, and then peed on. Like, the smelly yellow variety.

Sorry, I don't usually get graphic like that in type. But tonight was just awful. Fucking retarded white people.

Note to all of you out there: if you name your child Parker, I will make fun of you and be sorry for your child.

Also, if you ask what the new venue is, and I say something along the lines of it being a French Bistro-themed, sit-down style place, do not ask me if they're going to have food.

Also, do not ask me the following question, and especially do not ask it verbatim: "Is there chicken on the Buffalo Chicken Pizza?"

Please wait until I ask you how I can help you before you start barking out your orders. Especially when I have just told you, "I'll be with you in a minute." I'm obviously doing something for someone that arrived before you did.

Finally, after I ask you what you'd like, do not stare blankly and indecisively at the pizza when there is a voluminous line behind you. I will want to smash a heat lamp over your head.

(Extra note: while looking up an adjective for the word large, for which I ultimately chose "voluminous," I came across my new favorite word: skookum. It also means large, but didn't flow in the aforementioned sentence.)


Okay, now the good news. After tomorrow, I will no longer be working in pizza. My transfer is official, and I am moving to the coffee roaster. For the next week, starting Monday, I will be filling in in various places around my present department, as well as working some overtime in the coffee roaster, because I am now one of three people working there.

More good news is that, once I get my feet wet in the roaster, there is a higher position open called "Coffee Buyer," which entails ensuring proper inventory and ordering, and so on, and which I could very possibly be applying for.



Finally, I know this is not my territory, but rather this bloke's, but I felt it necessary in this instance. Please buy the new Richard Buckner album, called Meadow. It is that good.

No comments: