Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My feet smelled awful by the end of it.

Today was a very good day. I was off of work and I got many things.

Amy and went back to Verizon today and we got our new phones - both the same (aw, his and hers!) phones on the share plan. After that, I planned on traveling to OSU with her and, while she was at class, walking up and down High Street checking out the many interesting shops. I also had many CDs and a few DVDs to trade, so I took those with me. I am now going to chronicle the things I attained in my exploits today.

1 cellular telephone
1 .97 t-shirt from Old Navy
1 set of 8 corn holders (we needed them because we were having corn on the cob for dinner.)

Due to my trades at Used Kid's Record Store, I got $103 credit. I used only $93.
14 CDs:
Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst
Grand Buffet - Five Years Of Fireworks*
The Snake The Crown The Cross - Mander Salis*
Books On Tape - The Business End
Okkervil River - Black Sheep Boy
Hotel Lights - S/T*
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything
The Celebrity Pilots - Beneath The Pavement, A Beach!*
Margot & The Nuclear So & So's - The Dust Of Retreat*
The M's - Future Women*
The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike
Mayday - Bushido Karaoke
Four Tet - Everything Ecstatic
The Boggs - We Are The Boggs We Are

(* these CD selections were entirely influenced by [no one is awake].)

4 comic books:
Issues #1-4 of Army of Darkness Vs. Reanimator

1 Book:
Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams. (This is the last of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, thus completing my collection. All that's left is for me to get back to reading them.)

1 t-shirt:
It was for Amy. It's an OSU t-shirt. She asked me to pick one up for her.

1 OSU window clinger:
This was also requested by Amy.

10 sticks of sandalwood incense:
These were purchased in a head shop that also sold a nearly disturbing amount of dildos entitled things such as "Anal Intruder" and "Ass Balloon."

All said, it was a highly enjoyable, highly lucrative day. And I'm pretty exhausted. After all, while Amy was in class I had about 5 hours to kill. And they were pretty much all spent on my feet. As I was wearing my soccer sandals, which I own for comfort because if you've ever seen me you know I obviously wouldn't own them because I play soccer, the title of this post was highly appropriate.

When we got home the first thing I did was wash my feet.







If you'd like my new phone number, leave me a comment here and I'll get it to you somehow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Amy have a new phone number? I'd be much more interested in hers. ;)