Sunday, August 13, 2006

Two quick work-related stories.

1. My co-worker was off helping a customer somewhere, and I was helping a customer at the counter. Another employee from another area came around to my area, came behind the counter, stole about 5 or six pans that we needed to close down, and just left. The thing is, we get them early on in the day so that when it comes time to close we don't have to hunt all over for them, or give the dishroom our dirty ones so that they can wash them and hopefully get them back before someone else takes them. There are just enough to go around, and not many extras. I told my manager, and he went over to talk to the guy, and the guy just glared at him and walked away without saying a word. What a dick.

2. The manager tonight was actually a fill-in because the normal, shittier manager wasn't there. This guy's actually pretty cool. We were closing and he came out from doing something in the kitchen and said, "Hey, this all looks good everyone, and I'm not being sarcastic."
I go, "Whatever, jerk!"
"Oh, I will pound you." He then lifts up his sleeve to flex. "I call these my guns."
I respond, "Why's that? Cos' you had to wait three days to get 'em? OH!"
"Oh my god. That was awesome. I have to wait til someone says 'guns' to me so I can say that."



Everyone thought it was funny, but I felt it was one of the lamer jokes I've ever told. I've told lamer, believe me. Ask my brother Nick, his girlfriend Hannah, Amy, Nate, Tim...

What does that even mean?

No comments: