Saturday, October 28, 2006

The best all-around athlete ever.

In celebration of my promotion, I took Amy out. To dinner. Not "took out" in the sense that I assassinated her.

We had a nice night out. We went to Texas Roadhouse, where the hostess was indeed five hostesses, all pretty inept at their one singular job. We called ahead for a 15-20 minute wait, and since our ride to the restaurant was inadvertently about 10 minutes, we expected another 5 minutes of waiting. We got there and they told us another 10-15 minutes. What, exactly, then, was the point of calling ahead?

I had a beer, and accidentally asked for a tall-boy. It was enormous.

After dinner, I had the idea of walking around somewhere to help the food digest a little easier. We ultimately went to Target where I threatened to buy some Legos, but in the end bought Super Mario Strikers.

After Target, Amy wanted to stop at the liquor store, having had a margarita with dinner and craving more. We tried to buy our respective choices with our credit cards, but were informed that it was cash only and that we needed to sacrifice two dollars to the ATM gods to use it.

So we came home after that, having sacrificed our two dollars each, and put in Super Mario Strikers while taking in some of the Sacrament. Amy bought Captain Morgan's, I bought Jameson.


And let me just say that Mario is an insanely talented athlete. Tennis, Baseball, Driving, Golf and Soccer - whatever sport Mario plays, he's ridiculously good at. Meaning that, my hate for sports-related video games ends when Mario comes on the field. Mario Strikers is amazingly fun to play.

And not only when you've been drinking, though that did add to the fun.

No comments: